[pycrypto] Add support for Camellia block cipher to pycrypto 2.0.1.

Dwayne C. Litzenberger dlitz at dlitz.net
Sun Aug 24 09:53:21 CST 2008

On Sat, Aug 16, 2008 at 10:57:19PM +0900, Yoshisato YANAGISAWA wrote:
>I put the patch at:
>http://www.csg.is.titech.ac.jp/~yanagisawa/Sites/text/camellia/pycrypto-2.0.1.patch
>in http://www.csg.is.titech.ac.jp/~yanagisawa/Sites/text/camellia-e.html
>
>I have already posted the patch to the bug tracking system:
>https://bugs.launchpad.net/pycrypto/+bug/258561

Thank you for your patch!

The goals for the next release are:
- to fix bugs
- to deal with potential copyright issues, and
- to fix long-standing problems with how people generate random numbers for use
   with PyCrypto.

The resulting set of changes is already fairly large, and I don't want to
make it larger by adding new ciphers, so Camellia will probably not be
included in the next release. I will consider it for future releases,
however.

Looking at your patch, I noticed that you have included copyright licensing
statements in camellia.c and camellia.h, but the author's name and
copyright licensing for the PyCrypto-specific parts of the patch are
missing. The ideal situation would be for the PyCrypto-specific
contributions to be placed into the public domain (i.e. all copyright
interests be disclaimed). Alternatively, the same license that the Camellia
reference implementation uses (i.e. 2-clause BSD) would be fine.

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger <dlitz at dlitz.net>
  Key-signing key   - 19E1 1FE8 B3CF F273 ED17  4A24 928C EC13 39C2 5CF7