[pycrypto] Use of Fortuna Algo / Seeding Randomness

Ben Smith ben at wbpsystems.com
Sat Nov 19 11:21:43 CST 2011

Hi Everyone -

I'm new to this package, so I'm sure I'm just dumb and it is obvious how to do this.    I want to use the fortuna algo in a simulation environment (economics if anyone cares), my particular problem I'm trying to solve would be biased using Mersenne twister (which seems to be the default everyone uses), and fortuna seems to be the best option given the aspects of randomness I care about for this problem.

Anyhow, I want to seed fortuna with a file I have of atmospheric noise; I haven't been able to find a doc specifying how to do this.

Thanks!

Ben