[pycrypto] Pycrypto working with python 3.0 or 3.1

Glenn Linderman v+python at g.nevcal.com
Mon Apr 12 21:36:51 CST 2010

On 4/11/2010 11:46 AM, Christoph Tapler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Short update - a missing string/byte conversion in the test suite caused
> the high FAIL rate. With the conversion, the PASS/FAIL ratio looks way
> better (>70% PASS). I assume that the rest of the FAILs have a similar
> reason. Just tell me if some of you wants the patch.
>
> Cheers,
> Christoph

This is great news Christoph!  I'm glad to hear of the progress.  I'm
not in a position to compile on my new box yet, although in the fullness
of time I hope to be able to compile Python and all its dependencies...
I have never done that on any box, as yet.  But if you have it in an
installable form for Windows, I could try it out with my few test cases
from 2.6 -- the encryption aspect of that code is currently disabled in
the 3.1 version, but I am hoping to reenable it when you go public with
fully working 3.1 version.  So it could help me and help you, to try
these cases, perhaps.

Glenn