[pycrypto] Build error, 2.6.1

Martin Falatic martin at falatic.com
Fri Jul 21 19:21:01 UTC 2017

As this project hasn't seen commits on master (or perhaps any branch) in
over three years, it appears to be dead.

However, pycryptodome is alive and well! It's a fork off the latest
pycrypto and contains many bugfixes, enhancements. Most importantly,
it's an ongoing project.

https://github.com/Legrandin/pycryptodome

https://www.pycryptodome.org/

There are two ways to install it: for a seamless experience I recommend
uninstalling pycrypto (if present) and installing pycryptodome.

(pycryptodomex has its uses for some, but would mean editing your
imports, whereas pycryptodome is a drop-in replacement for pycrypto.)

If you have issues with installing or using pycryptodome, there are
resources there to guide you and an active issue tracker as well.

Good luck!

  - Marty
    www.falatic.com