[pycrypto] pycryptodome

Martin Falatic martin at falatic.com
Thu Dec 8 12:46:54 UTC 2016

When you run `pip2.7 list` (pretty sure that's what you need for python2,
or `pip list` may be the defacto python2 pip on Fedora) and `pip3.5 list`
(for python3), what are you seeing in the area of "pycrypto*" for each of
these? I'm hopeful that once you have the proper libs installed for
python3 via pip3.5 things should work better.

Normally you'd use the pip variant for python3 (e.g., pip3.5) to install
packages for python3. Can you give that a look and retry?

Note that I'm not an expert on pycryptodome - my understanding is that
pycryptodome can be used instead of pycrypto, and it seems to work fine on
Windows (and I don't have reason to think it'd be any different on Linux).
I have no experience with pycryptodomex currently. I have pycryptodome
installed on python 2.7 and 3.5 on my Windows box (and pycrypto NOT
installed on either) and the test you described ran fine for both.

That said, if this continues, what version of Fedora are you running? I
can stand up a VM and see for myself.

 - M