[pycrypto] Availability of MODE_GCM

Jonas Thiem jonasthiem at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 18 18:04:01 PDT 2015

Hi *,

first of all thanks for this amazing crypto library!

I would like to ask if there's any sort of idea when 2.7 is becoming
stable, because I want to use MODE_GCM which doesn't appear to be
available in earlier versions.

I am asking because while it's doable on Linux to install the
experimental version, I direct my windows users to
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/modules.shtml#pycrypto - but there,
no experimental build is available. Since I understand maintaining
those would be too much effort, ultimately I can only depend on this
feature if it arrives in stable any time soon.

Regards,
Jonas Thiem