[pycrypto] RSA exportKey() changes set in stone for 2.7?

Kurt Vogel kvogel at mdcom.com
Mon Sep 30 22:28:20 PDT 2013

Hi Dwayne,

Thanks, that is what I was assuming.  If we move import/export to Crypto.IO
it will break backwards compatibility, no?  Is that important?

Is anyone working on this issue?  If backwards compatibility is important I
say keep what we have there now (2.6) and have a deprecation comment and/or
stderr output?

Also does Pycrypto have deprecation/error transition plan?  To ease
transition some packages first do a deprecation warning, second major
release it becomes an error/exception, then third major release the code is
completely removed.  Would that work with pycrypto users?

Your thoughts?
Thanks!
Kurt