[pycrypto] Crypto.Random for password generation

Alex Beal alexlbeal at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 09:44:56 PDT 2013

Hello All,

I was wondering if Crypto.Random is suitable for password generation
purposes. I maintain an xkcd-style password generator (
https://github.com/beala/xkcd-password) and have switched from python's
random.SystemRandom to pycrypto's Crypto.Random. Python only makes vague
guarantees about random.SystemRandom, so I thought pycrypto would be a
better choice. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Alex Beal

--
For sensitive information, use my public key:
http://media.usrsb.in/files/pub.asc