[pycrypto] problem installing the PyCrypto toolkit

kud.culemann at arcor.de kud.culemann at arcor.de
Mon Feb 6 09:55:17 EST 2012

Hi,

on a machine with windows XP and python version 2.5.4 I tried to install the PyCrypto toolkit (2.5)
with command:
python setup.py install

error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

I have also CygWin installed so I would like to try the -c mingw32 option.
However which command line I have to enter to use this -c mingw32 option?
I tried some variants, but didn't succeed.

Is a special package needed from CygWin, which must be installed?

Thanks a lot and best regards
Dirk Culemann.