[pycrypto] Idea: pycrypto user survey

Lorenz Quack don at amberfisharts.com
Sun Jan 9 04:37:04 CST 2011

Hi Thorsten,

I personally think it's a good idea but I'm curious about what Dwayne thinks.
After all he still is the maintainer of PyCrypto. I'm just a random passers-by.

Here some comments on your poll-draft:
  * It says "pycrypto annual user survey". "annual" really?
  * Can you make the questions conditional? For example if in the first question "Do you currently use pycrypto?" I
answer "No", then the following questions don't make to much sense.
  * maybe one could ask what cryptographic python library the people use. "pycrypto, ezpycrypto, cryptopp, pytomcrypt,
..., custom implementation, other (which one?), none"
  * I would maybe add the possibility for arbitrary comments. either regarding pycrypto or the poll itself.

cheers,
//Lorenz