[pycrypto] Policy changes - Now accepting patches from the U.S.

Dwayne C. Litzenberger dlitz at dlitz.net
Mon Nov 29 21:46:36 CST 2010

I've released "PyCrypto Code Submission Requirements - Rev. D":

     http://www.dlitz.net/software/pycrypto/submission-requirements/

This is the same as revision C, except I'm now accepting patches from U.S.
contributors.

My original concern was that, hypothetically, U.S. export regulations could
in the future become incompatible with Canadian regulations such that it
would be impossible to simultaneously comply with both.  That's still a
risk, but I don't have any reason to think it will happen any time soon,
and I don't know what that would imply anyway.  If it ever happens, I'll
probably just stop distributing PyCrypto and move on to other things.

My main concern right now is to facilitate code contributions to PyCrypto
from the largest number of contributors with a minimum amount of time on my
part.  Consequently, I've also put the source code up on GitHub:

     https://github.com/dlitz/pycrypto

If you want to send me changes, please just fork it on GitHub, push your
changes to a branch on your own repository, run the test suite with *at
least* Python 2.1 and the latest 2.x release, through and send me a push
request.

--
Dwayne C. Litzenberger <dlitz at dlitz.net>