[pycrypto] python crypto with python 3.0 or 3.1

don at amberfisharts.com don at amberfisharts.com
Thu Jan 14 03:07:36 CST 2010

Hi,

as far as I know there hasn't been a move to port pyCrypto to python 3.x
so simply compiling against python 3.x is bound to fail!
If you try to port yourself and during that effort ran into this compiler
error then if you look at the documentation [1] or this blog post [2]
(it's
a bit outdated since the docs have been fixed in the meantime) you will
see
that the first few lines (besides other things) of a python extension type
have
changed from

  PyObject_HEAD_INIT(NULL)
  0,                   /* ob_size */
  "myTypeName",        /* tp_name */

  PyVarObject_HEAD_INIT(NULL, 0)
  "myTypeName",        /* tp_name */

If I recall correctly, the ob_size has be moved to a different structure
and no longer
is a member of PyTypeObject.
So to sum it up:
 * no porting effort exist so far, AFAIK